Saturday, June 29, 2019

PedalBoard

Started building myself a pedalboard.

Thought about what I wanted in a pedalboard.

  • Room to grow
  • Velcro to attach pedals
  • Place under board to put the power and run wires
  • Easy to add power
  • I want to be able to close the pedals in a case like to protect them.
  • Handle to carry entire unit


A while back I set my pedals on the floor to determine the size deck I wanted.
That size ended up being 24"X14"

Found some 3/4 plywood that fit the bill perfectly.
I sat down and drew on that board for a few hours to figure out the size, shape of the slots and holes. A lot of drawing and erasing.

I used a ruler/straight edge to draw the lines. Used a drill to make the round holes. Used a jigsaw for the straight lines.


Cut out the sides, back and front. Bunch of sanding and some green paint.





 Mocked up the power situation. Figured out where I wanted the power strip.



I wanted to able to plug in one power cord.
I took out an outlet out of an old computer. Drew the shape of the hole on the back and used a jigsaw to cut it out.





A friend was teasing me about the old screws I used. I do need to clean them up, but those screws came out or an early 1900's player piano. I thought it a cool add.






Picked up some 15 LBS Velcro from HomedDepot.

I already see updates and things I would like to change. I plan on making another pedalboard. I will sell this one on Craigslist.


I don't think I will build a case for this one. Stay tuned for the next one.







With some pedals. I think it turned out really well. I like the green and black stripes. Depending on how long I have this one,  I might paint some designs on the sides.


Tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Posts

PedalBoard

Started building myself a pedalboard. Thought about what I wanted in a pedalboard. Room to grow Velcro to attach pedals Place under b...