Tuesday, July 3, 2018

My Weed Wacker Broke

take the Philip head screws out.
Don't forget the one under the sticker


So we are going to have a party.... Trying to get the yard looking just right!


Runnin the Trusty Black & Decker String Feedin, Weed Wackin Moechine.
and BAM! No Worky Worky!

The motor works but the line feeder is not turning.




Check that out! a belt!
The plastic teeth look worn, I hope it lasts a little longer.



Lets take it apart to see if I can fix it. 

Huhh.... there's a belt in this thing. 
A broken belt at that.

This Wacker has the motor up in the handle.








Run inside do some lighting fast Gogglin. Local places did not seem to have it. Ordered the belt. $8 and some change including tax. 
We had bought the Weed Wacker on sale, but I forget what we paid for it. So if $8 makes it work another year or 2 seems like a good deal to me.

I did run up and buy the cheapest weed wacker I could find. We did have guest coming over after all. I might do a post on it. It was around $20 and the motor is down by the reel. It might be a direct drive. It is very weak.

Stay Tuned for Part 2 - Will the Weed Wacker Work?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Posts

PedalBoard

Started building myself a pedalboard. Thought about what I wanted in a pedalboard. Room to grow Velcro to attach pedals Place under b...