Sunday, June 3, 2018

Porch Swing - P8

GEEEZ only took me a little over a year.... So many projects and things going on.

Got her stained




A couple of weeks ago I bought some chain hung the bench.

I was thinking I would hang the bench to figure out where to drill the holes through the arms for the chain.
Came to find out that I measured the distance between the eye hooks right, but when making the swing I didn't take in account of the porch swing arms.



These arms are just too close to the house.





Pulled the arms off, hung the bench. I hung it real low, because I was not sure if the chain I bought was strong enough. bouncing on the bench found out it was not strong enough.

2 weeks later I finally made it back to Homedepot to pick up some thicker chain.

Got it hung and it is great to sit on. Its going to be nice to sit and read a book in it.

I still need to touch up the stain where I took the arms off, but Im calling it pretty much done at this point. Its on my "list" to build another one for the backyard. My Dad had an old swing-set frame he had a porch swing in at one point. that swing is log gone, so he let me have the frame.



You can see the start of some jasmine my wife planted on that old trellis. It smells so nice when it is blooming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Posts

PedalBoard

Started building myself a pedalboard. Thought about what I wanted in a pedalboard. Room to grow Velcro to attach pedals Place under b...