Saturday, June 17, 2017

Roofing Tools



Spading Fork
Basic tools for roofing. Gloves, Spading Fork, Hamer, razor blade, Caulking Gun, and a Ladder.

The top picture has a Spading Fork in the picture. They make special tools to help strip the shingles off, but I don't roof for a living. I did not want to buy a tool I may never use again. I just used what I had on hand. The Spading Fork had a nice angle on it as well, I could stick it under the shingles and pry up.


Pry Bar and Gloves
Hammer
I also used this little pry bar. It was very handy in pulling nails. You can use the hammer to pull nails. Actually professional roofers can swing a hammer and pull nails really fast. I tried it and kept hitting the roof making big gouges in the wood. Figured I needed something more my speed. There are THOUSANDS of nails in the roof that you need to pull after you get the shingles off.

Hammer - I have a few hammers Ive collected over the years. I found out pretty fast which one was the best. If you use a hammer as few times, its not that big of a deal, but if your using it all day long for a week. The grip is important. Something comfortable and absorbs shock.

Not pictured here, you will need a caulking gun, if you have a turbine or some kind of flashing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Posts

PedalBoard

Started building myself a pedalboard. Thought about what I wanted in a pedalboard. Room to grow Velcro to attach pedals Place under b...