Monday, June 19, 2017

Garage roof 3

Got all the shingles off, and pulled all the nails. This picture Ive rolled out some felt paper on the South side of the garage.









When putting shingles on a roof, you have to put a starter row. That way there are not any cracks between shingles that could soak down to wood. This picture is the first row. You need to put a starter row all away around the outside edge of the roof.





When I built the carport I hammered the edge of the metal flat, shoved it under the shingles and glued it like crazy. It held a number of years fine. It would have gone a lot longer if it was not for the hail. I unscrewed the metal roofing, and used a heat gun to pull the glue apart. I will add some more braces when I get around to replacing all the metal.










I had some metal flashing left over from putting siding on the house. It will work perfecting to join the garage roof with the carport roof.
After I had the flashing on, I could not tell where the edge of the roof was. So I ran a chalk line.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Posts

PedalBoard

Started building myself a pedalboard. Thought about what I wanted in a pedalboard. Room to grow Velcro to attach pedals Place under b...