Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Vespa

We purchased the Vespa about 9 years ago.
It is a 1980 PX200E
2 stoke 200 cc.

When I bought it, I found out it would not charge the battery.

Come to find out, someone put the wrong voltage rectifier on it. Vespa voltage regulators are very expensive. Cost close to $160. I found out most people were using a GY6 12 volt regulator rectifier, so that is what I did and it works perfectly.

The shifter on these are actually in the left handle, and use cables down to the tranny. You squeeze the clutch in and twist. It felt spongy, I ended up replacing the cables shortly after I bought it.

I have not ridden it in a number of years. I used to go out and start it up every so often to make sure it still ran.
The fuel line got hard and would not hold a seal on the carburator. Last year I replaced the fuel line and got it running.
This year it seems to be running extremely rich, and it probably has some bad fuel in it as well.

I worked on it some last night. I will get all the pictures together and blog about the process of getting it running again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Posts

PedalBoard

Started building myself a pedalboard. Thought about what I wanted in a pedalboard. Room to grow Velcro to attach pedals Place under b...