Saturday, April 15, 2017

Porch Swing - part 2


Since I used a jigsaw, there will be a lot of sanding to get the pieces more uniform. Next time I may cut at least 2 at a time by clamping the boards together. That might save on sanding.
You need to find a common denominator or like, when sanding a number of pieces that you want to be uniform in shape. Look the pieces over to see where that could be. On these it looked like the front would be the best to align them on. This is where the front board will connect to them together.
Once I sanded that edge, I was able to hold them against a block for support and see all the high and low spots. 



















You can see that they are pretty far from being uniform.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Posts

PedalBoard

Started building myself a pedalboard. Thought about what I wanted in a pedalboard. Room to grow Velcro to attach pedals Place under b...