Saturday, August 18, 2018

Dodge 3500 Wheel Bearing/Hub Assembly - Other Side

After replacing the drivers side front wheel bearings, I drove it a few times.

I heard another noise.

Pulled the Drivers wheel off to double checked everything; looked good.

Pulled the Passenger side wheel off, and brake assembly.
Sure enough I needed to replace that side as well.



This side was not as loud as the drivers side, but at least I took a video of it. You should not hear any noise when turning it by hand.

If you wanted to read about the Drivers Side (Click Here)


Amendment

I parked the truck, everything looked fine.
MONDAY!
Drove it to Jury Duty, and the ABS light was on the entire time.

Got home, and checked it out. I figured it was just the connector.
unconnected and connected it back.
Turned the ignition on and the ABS light was still on. Grabbed the old hub. Plugged that sensor in and the light was STILL on when I turned the ignition on.

Called around; found a place that I could check the ABS system for codes, but as I drove the truck down the drive, the light went out.

Note To Self

If there is an ABS code registered, and you repair the problem, you need to drive it to get it to reset.
That information could have saved me anguish a number of hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Posts

PedalBoard

Started building myself a pedalboard. Thought about what I wanted in a pedalboard. Room to grow Velcro to attach pedals Place under b...